StarMed CaStar - hood for CPAP therapy
The CaStar CPAP hood for CPAP therapy is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight CPAP patient interface designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of CPAP delivery. The CaStar is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Manufactured from phthalate-free materials
• Fitted with integrated pressure gauge to check the presence of pressure within the hood
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Other fastening accessories are available if required
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• New design patient access port. Fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure.
You may also be interested in the following products:
Squadrone V, Coha M, Cerutti E, Schellino MM, Biolino P, Occella P, Belloni G, Vilianis G, Fiore G, Cavallo F, Ranieri VM
JAMA. 2005 Feb 2;293(5):589-95
Squadrone V, Massaia M, Bruno B, Marmont F, Falda M, Bagna C, Bertone S, Filippini C, Slutsky AS, Vitolo U, Boccadoro M, Ranieri VM.
Intensive Care Med. 2010 Oct;36(10):1666-74
Cosentini R, Brambilla AM, Aliberti S, Bignamini A, Nava S, Maffei A, Martinotti R, Tarsia P, Monzani V, Pelosi P.
Chest. 2010 Jul;138(1):114-20
Brambilla AM, Aliberti S, Prina E, Nicoli F, Forno MD, Nava S, Ferrari G, Corradi F, Pelosi P, Bignamini A, Tarsia P, Cosentini R.
Intensive Care Med. 2014 Jul;40(7):942-9