StarMed CaStar R Up – Openable hood for NIV therapy
Openable CaStar R Up is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight patient interface for non invasive mechanical ventilation (NIV) designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of NIV delivery. The CaStar R Up is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with
both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Allows rapid access to the patient’s face during nursing procedures or in case of emergency
• One operator can easily remove the upper part of the hood and have full access to the patient
• Probes and catheters can remain in place, on the patient, connected to the lower part of the hood
• Built in inflatable neck cushion for added patient comfort
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Other fastening accessories are available if required
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• Patient access port fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
You may also be interested in the following products:
Mojoli F, Iotti GA, Currò I, Pozzi M, Via G, Venti A, Braschi A.
Intensive Care Med. 2013 Jan;39(1):38-44
Vargas F, Thille A, Lyazidi A, Campo FR, Brochard L.
Crit Care Med. 2009 Jun;37(6):1921-8
Fodil R, Lellouche F, Mancebo J, Sbirlea-Apiou G, Isabey D, Brochard L, Louis B.
Intensive Care Med. 2011 Feb;37(2):257-62
Mojoli F, Iotti GA, Gerletti M, Lucarini C, Braschi A.
Intensive Care Med. 2008 Aug;34(8):1454-60
Antonelli M, Conti G, Pelosi P, Gregoretti C, Pennisi MA, Costa R, Severgnini P, Chiaranda M, Proietti R.
Crit Care Med. 2002 Mar;30(3):602-8
Rocco M, Dell'Utri D, Morelli A, Spadetta G, Conti G, Antonelli M, Pietropaoli P.
Chest. 2004 Nov;126(5):1508-15
Conti G, Cavaliere F, Costa R, Craba A, Catarci S, Festa V, Proietti R, Antonelli M.
Respir Care. 2007 Nov;52(11):1463-71
Vaschetto R Turucz E, Dellapiazza F, Guido S, Colombo D, Cammarota G, Della Corte F, Antonelli M, Navalesi P.
Intensive Care Med. 2012 Oct;38(10):1599-606. Epub 2012 Jul 24
Özlem ÇG, Ali A, Fatma U, Mehtap T, Şaziye Ş.
Turk J Med Sci. 2015;45(3):600-6