StarMed CaStar Infant - Infant hood for CPAP therapy
The CaStar Infant hood is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight CPAP patient interface for infants. It is designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of CPAP delivery. It is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Manufactured from phthalate-free materials
• Available in two sizes, providing an ideal option for CPAP therapy for a range of patient sizes
• Fitted with inflatable headrest
• Atraumatic harness for patient comfort
• Fitted with integrated pressure gauge to check the presence of pressure within the hood
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• New design patient access port. Fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
• Patient access port with screw cap. Fitted with bidirectional anti-suffocation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
You may also be interested in the following products:
Codazzi D, Nacoti M, Passoni M, Bonanomi E, Sperti LR, Fumagalli R.
Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2006 Sep;7(5):455-60
Chidini G, Calderini E, Pelosi P.
Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2010 Jul;11(4):502-8
Chidini G, Calderini E, Cesana BM, Gandini C, Prandi E, Pelosi P.
Pediatrics. 2010 Aug;126(2):e330-6
Calderini E, Chidini G, Pelosi P.
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2010 Jun;23(3):368-74
Mayordomo-Colunga J, Medina A, Rey C, Concha A, Los Arcos M, Menéndez S.
Acta Paediatr. 2010 Feb;99(2):308-11
Chidini G, Piastra M, Marchesi T, De Luca D, Napolitano L, Salvo I, Wolfler A, Pelosi P, Damasco M, Conti G, Calderini E
Pediatrics. 2015 Apr;135(4):e868-75