Throughout the year we ran a competition encouraging our customers to 'Go Wild at Work'
and send in photographs of wildlife taken in the locality of their hospital. We received a whole array of beautiful wildlife shots from fearsome foxes to buzzy bees. We fell in love, however, with our winner's photo of a cheeky hedgehog.
Our winner, Caroline Deniz
, took the picture shown above during her lunch break in the grounds of Wrexham Maelor Hospital. Caroline, who works in SCBU has chosen to support the ward's charity Cherish Wrecsam
with her prize of a £500 donation.
The 12 winning entries are:January: Andrew Burns
- The Northern Care Alliance NHS GroupFebruary: Mattia Cialoni
- Bristol Royal InfirmaryMarch: Colin Armour
- Royal Alexandra Hospital, PaisleyApril: Nigel Newnham
- Gloucester Royal HospitalMay: Nick Fox -
Pilgrim Hospital, LincolnshireJune: (Winner) Caroline Deniz
- Wrexham Maelor Hospital, WalesJuly: Sandra Brunger -
Frimley Park Hospital, CamberleyAugust: Sarah Ward
- Leeds General InfirmarySeptember: Julie Lehman
- County Hospital, StaffordOctober: Carrie-Ann Goodbrand
- Royal Infirmary, AberdeenNovember: Terry Moran
- Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon TyneDecember: Jeanette Wright
- Croydon University Hospital, Surrey
We would like to thank all our participants for sending in their photos and congratulations to our winners!
to request a free copy of our 2019 Photo Calendar, or click on the link below to view the pdf version.